Sunday, September 04, 2011

lets get together for some burgers and hugs

by teresa

Allen family cookout this afternoon at Uncle Timmy's and Aunt Esther's. Can't wait to see all my cousins and their families. I remember playing with them at our Nanny's house and now we have our own children and grandchildren. Time marches on, and sometimes I feel like it marches right across my face (love that line from Steel Magnolias).
Really missing my dad today. His side of the family is a hoot, but it's just not the same without him. I blew off the family reunion four years ago. Didn't feel like driving out to Franklin to see everyone. Then my dad died a few weeks later. I missed out on that fun time with him and mom and my aunts and uncles. I will never miss a get together again, if at all possible. Family is too important and you have to show them what they mean to you.

No comments: