Friday, September 28, 2012

I prayed in school. I'm such a law breaker.


God definitely puts people in your path for a reason. Once the Holy Spirit is inside you, you become a tool that God can use. With this willing heart, compassion will flow. This is God's living water. It says in Galatians,"Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."  Everything is done for the Glory of God. "Give and it shall be given unto you", is what Jesus told us. So lend a helping hand to someone in need because you never know when that person in need might be yourself.

I was volunteering at Ben's school this morning and ran into someone Chris and I have known for a few years.  We coached one of this woman's children in soccer and have also seen her every now and then at an upward event.  She is a little "off", but sweet and well intentioned.  She was rushing from the office, having dropped off her child after the tardy bell.  I stepped away from my table and greeted her and noticed her tear stained face.  She exclaimed (loudly), thank God...a Christian!  Will you please pray for me!   Ummmm....okay.  Those who know me, know I do not feel comfortable praying out loud.  But...when the Spirit moves, you do NOT turn the other way.  I pulled her to one of the benches, out if the flow of traffic and we talked for a few minutes.  I got the low down on her hurts and frustrations and then I took her hands and prayed.  Out loud.  In front of people.  In public school.  Go Jesus.  She left with such peace in her heart (her words) and I am thankful to have been used by Him.  

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a great example you are to those who saw you. It's great to allow Jesus to use us like that.

Stephanie said...

You're such a rebel!! I love this post!