Tuesday, January 01, 2013

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life....

and I'm feeling good.

Love that song by Nina Simone.  Kind of feel like it's my theme song. 
I made the decision to lose weight in 2012.
People ask, what motivated you to do this? 
I don't really know.  Can't pin down a "moment of clarity" or anything like that.
I was tired of being fat.  Period.
Sick of feeling like crap, looking like crap and (in my own head) being crap.
If you have never been obese, you don't understand the self hatred that goes on inside your mind.
You've heard smiling on the outside, crying on the inside.  It's true, it happens, it sucks.
Here's to a New Year and a new me (who is still a work in progress)!

Before 235 pounds                                                                                                                                                                           


 





















After 161 (still 24 pounds to go)

1 comment:

Mom said...

You've always been beautiful to me.